2.09.2011

Featured Designer: Russ Roe



Dance 4 Liberation presents Russ Roe at CORPUS: A Fashion Show. Wanna know more? Of course you do, check out the interview for a sneak peak into the line that will be featured and a little about the man behind it...

1. What is the name of label/ collection?

I can't ever decide on one. I was using Midtown Lockdown for a while when I was screening in a small house near campus. It was so hot this summer I would just screen all day and wait of the sun to go down until i left the house. Sometimes is use the name Nu Nu. I'm sure ill change it by the time this get posted too. At this point I just screen tags with my website on it. Some day I'll figure it out.

2. Tell me a little about your label/ collection? What is the theme and medium?

The most recent line of shirts and apparel is called the Daniel Kassidy collection. Most of my shirts are dyed, bleached, and hand cut. I make all of my own screens and print everything myself. There will be lots of pyramids and triangles as usual.

3. What was your inspiration for the collection?

I frequent many photo blogs when I'm supposed to be working and being productive. I like the look of vintage photos and decaying emulsion. I try to make my shirt look similar. When black dye and bleach reacts together it makes very interesting textures. As for my designs and logos some of my biggest influences include artists/filmmakers/friends such as Eric Loundy, Lawrence Martinez, Drew Ricci and T-shirt companies like Milton Carter and Grey T-shirt brand.

4. What got you into designing?

I took and independent study in screen printing and book making. When I'd get frustrated with printing on paper, I started bringing in t-shirts to screen on. Its always been a side project that I can constantly experiment with.

5. Anything else you would like to tell me? Favorite quote? Interesting fact? Something about yourself you want the audience to know?

Well it just so happens I am not a real person, and have a Birthday on Leap Year, which does not occur this year. So I have deemed the entire weekend of the fashion show (Feb 25th - Feb. 28th until 12am) my birthday Marathon. So if you like to Party you can contact me at Roe.Russell@gmail.com and I will send you an itinerary of activities and maybe a cute youtube video link too.

...Looks like the fashion show weekend just got a little more interesting. Please Russ, keep us updated on the festivities!


Check out his website at http://www.russroe.com/russroe.com/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment