9.07.2010

Putting Together The Next Event



Dance 4 Liberation Presents: Electric Eco Fusion!We are so excited about this one everyone. For a long time I've been wanting to work with my sister Vanessa on a event. She is the biggest activist I know, as well as one of the most caring people on the this earth. She was the one who introduced me to vegetarinism and how we can all do simple things to change the planet. So the next event is going to her organization, ECO! A group of UNCW students who work to fight global warming, animal cruetly, and other environmental injustices. The event is going to have a awesome earthy feel in a number of ways. We are going to have models painted head to toe, as elements (earth, wind,fire, water..captain planet anyone?).

Jewelry auction! I have been so impressed by several talented and crafty individuals who make awesome jewelry. They are going to be auctioned off for pretty good prices. Come early so put your bid in!

Then what is D4L without music. A new group called Alligator will be playing for us. I talked to one of my friends Ryan Rosado who really impressed me with his production skills. We have traded lots of music in the past, and I thought it was about time for him to be involed in a event we do.

Sean Thomas Gerard. Amazing! Has a greaaaat following in Wilmington. I saw him play at Duck and Dive the other week, and was blown away. I cant wait to see him play.

Last but not least, my good friend, David Adusei, a music genuis will be DJing. His music is nothing but golden.

So here a couple more essentials:

September 23rd at the Calico Room
Starts at 8 PM and goes till 2 AM!
21 and up
$5 admission.

I hope to see you all there.

btw..almost forgot that beautiful flyer is the work of Matt Stewart. A graphic design student in Durham. He has been working with me for awhile now, and his stuff gets better each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment